Huwebes, Agosto 22, 2013

Room 606


Even if that song that kept me up that night was new and strange to my ears. It was surprisingly restful as if a little voice saying I am safe and I should not worry about everything. Now that I am living in a dorm, things are working on my desire and if ever it doesn’t, I still have the power to control or alter it. I’m not saying that I’ve become someone who is super independent but rather now, I feel less vulnerable. But even if things work that way, I couldn’t still taste the difference between home and living alone in a dorm. I know it sounds absurd as if I don’t value home that much, but it is true. Actually, someone talked to me before I moved to my dorm, she gave me some fruits of advice like it’s not gonna be easy and I would have to teach myself a lot of new things to be able survive alone. She said that I would definitely miss home so as much as possible, I must go home every weekend. And by the same token, she gave me an advice that I must say accounts to all the ease I am feeling right now. She told me to pray for the room I will be staying at, not just the room but every corners of it. She told me to ask God to protect the place and plant peace and comfort like what home provides. That I should pray to God to keep the place safe and made it a chamber of restfulness to my body and mind. And so I did, I prayed for my room and for all the days I will spend here. I prayed for the safety and peacefulness of every wall that surrounds me. And from then on, there was peace at this room. There was comfort and kind atmosphere. There are smiling faces and unity every morning. A beautiful relationship was planted and I made myself believe that home is close and I could rebuild a fraction of it here in my dorm.
Honestly, this semester’s demands are getting into my nerves but since I couldn’t afford to receive unacceptable grades, I am doing everything I must and could and I am teaching myself to complain less and less each day. Thanks to my dorm because now, I don’t need to travel for one hour and a half before I could rest. And thanks to God because I know that He is guiding me wherever I am. 

He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Ecclesiastes 3:11

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento